Robin Martéa is a visual artist, born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. Since grade school, she has been heavily involved in the visual arts and has since then, developed a strong foundation in mediums ranging from painting to photography. After studying at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and earning a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Robin was encouraged to pursue her Master’s degree in Illustration from Savannah College of Art and Design. This life changing decision has had a heavy influence on her training as a fine artist and the decision to pursue art as a career.
Pulling inspiration from the passion to follow art as a career, Robin hopes to speak to and inspire the next generation of individuals, youth, believers and creative thinkers to take a leap of faith towards obtaining their goals despite the obstacles they will inevitably face. “When viewing my work, I’d like for the audience to have an open mind and bring all their aspirations to the table. Whether young or old, I’d also like for the viewers to leave with their minds full of imagination and their hearts full of inspiration.”
Robin is currently working on a new art series entitled, “The Pursuit of Happiness.” The work is expected to be exhibited in early 2018.
• MARCH 2018 “THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS” SOLO EXHIBIT – WASHINGTON, DC
• JUNE 2017 “THE PANCAKES & BOOZE ART SHOW” GROUP EXHIBIT – LOT 613 – LOS ANGELES, CA
• JANUARY 2017 “CIRQ DU SO 90S” GROUP EXHIBIT – REDROCKS COLUMBIA HEIGHTS - WASHINGTON, DC
• JANUARY 2017 “THE PANCAKES & BOOZE ART SHOW” GROUP EXHIBIT – BIG CHIEF - WASHINGTON, DC
• MARCH 2016 “BIKE TO LUNCH” GROUP EXHIBIT – SMITH PARK – JACKSON, MS